It has been proposed to open a new chapter of the Guild of Servers of the Sanctuary for the Southampton area. The new chapter will be based at St. Andrew’s Hamble and will be called the ‘Chapter of St Bernard of Thiron’ after our founding father.
St Andrew is blest with a dedicated team of servers, thanks to the hard work and persuasive powers of our incumbent Father John Travers. Although some of our numbers are members of the Portsmouth chapter it was felt that the distance and expense were limiting the number of times that the Guild meetings were being attended. It was Bert Allwood, a long standing member of the Portsmouth guild that suggested we should explore the possibility of opening a new chapter of our own. After a great deal of trepidation Bert has finally has got the permission needed from The Guild to ball rolling and we will shortly be announcing the date of a meeting where all servers will be welcome to come along and learn more about this new and exciting venture. So watch this space!
Membership is not just limited to servers from St Andrews all servers from the Southampton area will be made very welcome.
S M T W T F S 29 30August 30, 2021x 31August 31, 2021x 1 2September 2, 2021x 3September 3, 2021x 4September 4, 2021x 5September 5, 2021x 6September 6, 2021x 7September 7, 2021x 8 9September 9, 2021x 10September 10, 2021x 11September 11, 2021x 12September 12, 2021x 13September 13, 2021x 14September 14, 2021x 15 16September 16, 2021x 17September 17, 2021x 18September 18, 2021x 19 20September 20, 2021x 21September 21, 2021x 22 23September 23, 2021x 24September 24, 2021x 25 26 27September 27, 2021x 28September 28, 2021x 29 30September 30, 2021x 1October 1, 2021x 2October 2, 2021x
- About this Blog!
- Contact Details
- Facebook Digital Bible ~ Thought and Image for the day
- New Waves
- New Waves – Autumn 2011
- New Waves – Autumn 2012
- New Waves – Christmas 2011
- New Waves – Christmas 2012
- New Waves – Easter 2011
- New Waves – Easter 2012
- New Waves – Harvest 2011
- New Waves – Harvest 2013
- New Waves – Lent 2011
- New Waves – Lent 2012
- New Waves – Lent and Easter 2013
- New Waves – Summer 2011
- New Waves – Summer 2012
- New Waves Summer 2013
- Prayer, for those coming to or exploring faith
- A Poem About Prayer
- Closer to you Lord Jesus
- Encouragement for times of trouble.
- For the Broken-Hearted
- For those in despair.
- Forgive me!
- I Cannot Do This Alone!
- Lord Jesus help me to love.
- Prayer for a study group
- Prayer of submission to Our Lord Jesus Christ
- Prayers for children
- The Choristers’ Prayer
- The Commando Prayer of St. Ignatius
- The Methodist Covenant
- The Prayer of St. Columba
- Young People
- The Priory Church of St. Andrew, Hamble
- The Sermon
- Sermon for Evensong 10th of April 2011, ‘The Darkest Hour’
- Sermon for Evensong 11th of September 2011, ‘Pick up your cross’.
- Sermon for Evensong 12th of November 2017 ‘The manual for Salvation’ John 15: 9-17
- Sermon for Evensong 14th of January 2018 ‘Mission’ Mathew 8: 5-13
- Sermon for Evensong, Sunday 12th of December 2010 ‘Love – Come hell or high water’
- Sermon for Evensong, Sunday 27th of March 2011. The Armour of God
- Sermon for Sunday 13th of May 2012, ‘A darker place’
- Sermon for Sunday 22nd of April 2012, ‘There are no fish bones in heaven’
- Sermon for Sunday 22nd of July 2012 ‘The Good Shepherd’
- Sermon for Sunday 24th of June 2012, ‘John the Baptist’
- Sermon for Sunday 27th of February 2011, Where have all the flowers gone?
- Sermon for Sunday 27th of March 2011 Living Water – Harvest of Souls
- Sermon for Sunday 30th of January 2011, The Beatitudes
- Sermon for Sunday 8th of August 2010 “Prayer”
- Sermon for Sunday the 10th of December 2017 ‘Patience’ Matthew 11: 2-11
- Sermon for the 13th of February 2011, ‘Be like God –Mission impossible!’
- Sermon for the 13th of March Evensong, ‘That which was lost is found’
- Sermon for the 20th of March 2011 the second Sunday of Lent, Evensong
- Sermon for the 9th of January 2011 Evensong, The waters of death
- Sermon for Thursday Fellowship 18th of June 2014 ‘The Prairie Tortoise’
- Sermon Sunday 26th of June 2011, The body and blood of Christ.