S M T W T F S 26 27September 27, 2021x 28September 28, 2021x 29 30September 30, 2021x 1October 1, 2021x 2October 2, 2021x 3October 3, 2021x 4October 4, 2021x 5October 5, 2021x 6 7October 7, 2021x 8October 8, 2021x 9October 9, 2021x 10October 10, 2021x 11October 11, 2021x 12October 12, 2021x 13 14October 14, 2021x 15October 15, 2021x 16October 16, 2021x 17 18October 18, 2021x 19October 19, 2021x 20 21October 21, 2021x 22October 22, 2021x 23 24 25October 25, 2021x 26October 26, 2021x 27 28October 28, 2021x 29October 29, 2021x 30October 30, 2021x 31 1November 1, 2021x 2November 2, 2021x 3 4November 4, 2021x 5November 5, 2021x 6November 6, 2021x
- About this Blog!
- Contact Details
- Facebook Digital Bible ~ Thought and Image for the day
- New Waves
- New Waves – Autumn 2011
- New Waves – Autumn 2012
- New Waves – Christmas 2011
- New Waves – Christmas 2012
- New Waves – Easter 2011
- New Waves – Easter 2012
- New Waves – Harvest 2011
- New Waves – Harvest 2013
- New Waves – Lent 2011
- New Waves – Lent 2012
- New Waves – Lent and Easter 2013
- New Waves – Summer 2011
- New Waves – Summer 2012
- New Waves Summer 2013
- Prayer, for those coming to or exploring faith
- A Poem About Prayer
- Closer to you Lord Jesus
- Encouragement for times of trouble.
- For the Broken-Hearted
- For those in despair.
- Forgive me!
- I Cannot Do This Alone!
- Lord Jesus help me to love.
- Prayer for a study group
- Prayer of submission to Our Lord Jesus Christ
- Prayers for children
- The Choristers’ Prayer
- The Commando Prayer of St. Ignatius
- The Methodist Covenant
- The Prayer of St. Columba
- Young People
- The Priory Church of St. Andrew, Hamble
- The Sermon
- Sermon for Evensong 10th of April 2011, ‘The Darkest Hour’
- Sermon for Evensong 11th of September 2011, ‘Pick up your cross’.
- Sermon for Evensong 12th of November 2017 ‘The manual for Salvation’ John 15: 9-17
- Sermon for Evensong 14th of January 2018 ‘Mission’ Mathew 8: 5-13
- Sermon for Evensong, Sunday 12th of December 2010 ‘Love – Come hell or high water’
- Sermon for Evensong, Sunday 27th of March 2011. The Armour of God
- Sermon for Sunday 13th of May 2012, ‘A darker place’
- Sermon for Sunday 22nd of April 2012, ‘There are no fish bones in heaven’
- Sermon for Sunday 22nd of July 2012 ‘The Good Shepherd’
- Sermon for Sunday 24th of June 2012, ‘John the Baptist’
- Sermon for Sunday 27th of February 2011, Where have all the flowers gone?
- Sermon for Sunday 27th of March 2011 Living Water – Harvest of Souls
- Sermon for Sunday 30th of January 2011, The Beatitudes
- Sermon for Sunday 8th of August 2010 “Prayer”
- Sermon for Sunday the 10th of December 2017 ‘Patience’ Matthew 11: 2-11
- Sermon for the 13th of February 2011, ‘Be like God –Mission impossible!’
- Sermon for the 13th of March Evensong, ‘That which was lost is found’
- Sermon for the 20th of March 2011 the second Sunday of Lent, Evensong
- Sermon for the 9th of January 2011 Evensong, The waters of death
- Sermon for Thursday Fellowship 18th of June 2014 ‘The Prairie Tortoise’
- Sermon Sunday 26th of June 2011, The body and blood of Christ.
Prayer of Thomas Merton
MY LORD GOD, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me to the right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone. – Thomas Merton, Thoughts in Solitude
This entry was posted in Prayers and tagged A prayer to God, Christian values, find God, Find God through prayer, help, help me, hope, motivate, My prayer to God, peace, peaceful, Prayer, search for the truth, search through prayer, searching for God, searching for the truth, searching to find an answer, thoughtful. Bookmark the permalink.